26.2.14

The problem with most nutritional gurus is they believe nutrition is settled science and that their interpretation is correct.

Approaching Nutrition From An Investor's Mindset - Critical MAS

Last Words

I left the low carb interpretation of Paleo a year before the safe
starch debate even began. I had leaned out and I wanted to lock in my
gains. If I could add back carbs and stay healthy and lean, then
my portfolio was more diversified, which I view as less risky. And that
is exactly what happened. Going from Paleo to a more WAPF diet was a no-brainer to me. The investor in me saw it as a very low risk way to greatly expand my nutritional portfolio.



The problem with most nutritional gurus is they believe nutrition is
settled science and that their interpretation is correct. But simple
observation shows that can’t be true. Not only is there too much
disagreement, but even what they are disagreeing about is always
changing. I don’t expect that trend to end. Nor does it need to. In the
absence of information, I can still make good decisions when I approach
nutrition using an investor’s mindset.