24.4.14

Why does the taste of liver and kidney make us almost vomit if its so healthy for us? - Paleohacks

Why does the taste of liver and kidney make us almost vomit if its so healthy for us? - Paleohacks



Well first of all, I don’t know any actual
authorities on nutrition that will extol the virtues of eating liver.
The liver's main function is to remove and store toxins from the blood.
And this toxic organ is supposed to be good for us? Another function
of the liver is to manufacture bile; bile has several functions and
effects. One of the effects is to contribute with billirubin in making
our feces brown and is partially responsible for the characteristic odor
of fecal matter. Which is why some people who have sensitive noses
find that liver and feces smell similar. SO between liver smelling like
feces, and being full of toxins, the argument seems to be that it is
full nutrients. If I was starving and it came between life and death I
would eat the disgusting thing to save my life. But there is nothing of
nutritional value in liver that is not readily available in more
healthy, safe, and most importantly delicious foods. So there it is.
Liver is unhealthy, tastes disgusting, and does not contain nutrients
unavailable in other food sources. Why are you forcing yourself to eat
liver again?

For some reason I am not able to comment on the comment.
Now when I said the liver removes and stores toxins from the blood, I
did not mean that the liver magically packages and removes the toxins
from the body, it stores the toxins. I thought that point was crystal
clear I hope it is now. I'd prefer to debate the facts and would
appreciate if you didn't use superstition, opinion, and fallacies as the
basis of your argument. That straw man you tried is bad form. Shame on
you. ARe you argiung to win or arguing to find truth? I prefer truth.
How about you?



Sorry, with the possible
exception of liver from a near-death animal there's no reason to expect
the liver to contain the very toxins it so capably packages and ships
out of the body. You could just as easily say that since the liver
removes toxins it must be full of anti-toxins.



"Now when I said the liver
removes and stores toxins from the blood, I did not mean that the liver
magically packages and removes the toxins from the body, it stores the
toxins. I thought that point was crystal clear I hope it is now."

That
is exactly where you have been misinformed. The liver is a storage
vehicle for some vitamins, and does produce some detoxifers that get
shipped around the body, but it itself is NOT a vehicle for toxin
storage.

Generally, fat stores are known to store toxins. Also,
actual filters such as the lungs, will "get dirty" from environmental
issues.