19.3.12

Its the Woo and Sidereal on Deans, Harris & Carbsane

Ad Libitum: More paleo idiocy

  1. The Deans "I'm a harvard doctor!' rant certainly took us all by surprise. Her blog has not recovered. I still read her blog because she often posts such interesting content, even though it is obvious she can't stand me (sort of like the high school loser sitting at the lunch table with the paleo cool kids, e.g. Guyenet, Harris, so on). I remember when Harris went on a narcissist rage @ me because I questioned his decision to make life more difficult for a young woman with anorexia. Deans posted his abusive response, refused mine, and then also chided me for being antagonistic. LOL.



    My favorite thing about the Deans rant was how she immediately tried to do damage control by the next day posting a blog entry about her children ("see I'm a mother too just like you blue collar ignorant pig slobs who are too unsophisticated to understand or converse with very important people on the cutting edge of obesity research! I take everything I said back about being an extremely important person!")


    I've also noticed she has a tendency like carbsane to dedicate whole posts, topics, sentences, entries, to insulting people, without directly doing so. This allows her the luxury of being a bitch without appearing as one.

    What I find interesting is so many of these paleo people seem to know what i blog, when I doubt they subscribe to it. Carbsane and I had an exchange a few wks ago where she responded to everything I wrote, without ever once mentioning my name. I imagine there must be some kind of highschool teenager set up where they facebook msg each other and LAWL at the low carber losers.

    Funny how much arrogance and pomp these academic douche bags put out there, when at the end of the day they are more vile immature and childish than anyone.

    I wouldn't dare willingly disclose my location or my name. I almost regret disclosing my face. I am certain one of these freaks would take things too far in the IRL.
    Reply
  2. My jaw literally dropped when I read THAT Deans post. She really did a lot of damage to her reputation with that one. I don't subscribe anymore; I only read it occassionally to see if there's something controversial or worthwhile I missed. I can't stand her aristocratic attitude. Just goes to show you no matter how "nice" an upper-class academic may appear, there's always a superiority complex hiding underneath. Oh the irony of attacking Paul Jaminet with all his ivy league credentials. I mean, Harris is a two-bit radiologist from some arse end of nowhere and Guyenet got his PhD like yesterday. Which schools did Carbsane go to? LOLZ

    I saw your spat with Harris on Deans' blog and thought it was disgraceful the way she behaved. Unfortunately in our culture if one discloses a history of mental health problems one tends to be dismissed forever no matter how insightful and CORRECT their ideas are. It's their loss. You know infinitely more about the conditions they've spent entire careers studying. The joke's on them.

    As for Carbsane et al., there is basically an ECHO going from your blog to hers. The same ideas you discuss with your contributors on The Scribble Pad make their way into her posts. Sometimes there would be tell-tale signs of plagiarism like an uncommon word used in the same context when someone used it on your blog only yesterday. It's infuriating.

    In the good old academic tradition, the cool paleo kids completely fail to reference / acknowledge by name where those ideas are coming from. Ignoring and isolating people who don't fit ideologically is the main academic strategy. This happens in my workplace all the time. You can shout your ideas from the rooftops but the more senior academics will sneer at you or completely ignore you to show you just how worthless they think you and your ideas are. A few days/weeks/months later they'd be talking about those same things as if they were the ones who thought of them!

    Richard Feinman did a brilliant post about this wrt carbs.

    http://rdfeinman.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/slouching-toward-low-carb-we-thought-of-this-first/
    Reply