26.6.11

More About Psoriasis - Robert Su, M.D

More About Psoriasis | Carbohydrates Can Kill

More About Psoriasis

JEVNews-215x299

[JEV News, June 24, 2011] Monday, June 20, 2011, Robert Su, M.D. published his weekly article, “Hyperglycemia And Psoriasis.” In his follow-up comments, he wrote, “I finished this article with a humble statement, ‘Future studies are likely to show a high incidence of psoriasis in those who have hyperglycemia, even without a diagnosis of diabetes mellitus, carbohydrate restrictions will offer prevention and treatment for psoriasis and its comorbidities.’ In fact, many individuals’ testimonials have already sworn by the effectiveness of carbohydrate-restriction in preventing and managing psoriasis.” [1]

Dr. Su, author of Carbohydrates Can Kill and podcast host of the Carbohydrates Can Kill Show, explained to JEV News as to why he expected that future studies would support his observations.

He said, “In my continuing literature review in a broad spectrum, I have come to realize the impacts of hyperglycemia on our health, which includes every part of the body, not just certain organ or organs. I can say that I have found a trace or the footprint of hyperglycemia in many diseases, if not all, at this point. Therefore, hyperglycemia surely damages the health of the skin through the immune system, inflammation, even involves the collagen fiber formation.”

He continued, “When I saw the article in the Internal Medicine News [2] that both psoriasis and cardiovascular disorders share the same connection to T-cell, I said to myself, ’Sure. What is new?’ But, the most important key issue is hyperglycemia and inflammation, which are the real cause of disease development. Having known this relationship, I have no problem in expecting future studies would support my observations —- restricting carbohydrates helps prevent and manage psoriasis. In fact, I have already reviewed several personal blogs, in addition to responses from my readers, that restricting carbohydrates improves the symptoms of psoriasis.”

He concluded, “The more studies explore the association between hyperglycemia and disease development, the more will the studies underscore my observations. This is why I can boldly use ‘Carbohydrates Can Kill’ as the title of my book.”

References:

1. Su RK. “Hyperglycemia and Psoriasis.” The Blog. Carbohydrates Can Kill. June 20, 2011.

2. Zoler ML “Psoriasis Appears to Drive Up Cardiovascular Risks.” Internal Medicine News. April 15, 2011.