1.7.11

Peat-a-tarianism - by Danny Roddy, Animal-Based Nutrition

Peat-a-tarianism - The Danny Roddy Weblog - Animal-Based Nutrition For Hair & Health

Peat-a-tarianism

I'm honestly not sure why I find Ray Peat so interesting. Perhaps it's because he eats a quart of ice cream a day, or that I really have never seen a clear picture of him, or maybe it's that he is unintentionally really funny in interviews with Josh Rubin. Whatever it is, I feel like Ray is the grandpa I've always wanted.

Incorporating Peat's ideas hasn't been all fun and games however. He has made my life exponentially more difficult in one area.

When the inevitable "Well Danny, what diet are you doing now?" question arises, explaining "Peat-a-tarianism" is difficult, if not impossible.

I usually attempt to get the individual to retract the statement or end up being a gigantic douche and explaining that it is probably over their heads.

Anyways... In a recent post I went over Ray Peat's dietary philosophy and compared it to the ever-popular paleo movement.

In this post I wanted to go over foods I've been consuming in my Peat-atarianism adventure. I hope that this will be a resource for others who attempt to emulate Peat's diet.